Click here to use our voter lookup tool to find your polling place Election Day polling places: Click Here To cast a ballot, Hamilton County voters need to bring valid photo identification. A Tennessee driver license or photo ID issued by the Tennessee Department of Safety and Homeland Security, Tennessee state government or the federal
The first step to making your voice heard on Election Day is registering to vote or making sure your registration is up to date. The deadline to register before the Nov. 8 State and Federal General Election is Tuesday, Oct. 11, 2022. Fortunately, it has never been easier to register to vote in Tennessee. Registering
Secretary of State Leads Tennessee Voter Registration Efforts During National Voter Registration Month
NASHVILLE, Tenn. – During National Voter Registration Month, Secretary of State Tre Hargett’s office is leading voter registration efforts in Tennessee with its 2022 Tennessee College Voter Registration Competition, Ann Dallas Dudley Award and Your Vote Matters program. “Twenty years ago, Secretaries of State from across the nation established National Voter Registration Month,” said Secretary
The last day to request a ballot is Tuesday, November 1st, 2022 Apply for an Absentee Ballot
Election Day is Thursday, September 15, 2022 for the City of Chattanooga Council District 8 Run-Off Election. Polls will be open from 8am to 7pm EST. YOU MUST BE A REGISTERED VOTER WHOSE RESIDENCE IS IN CITY COUNCIL DISTRICT 8 TO PARTICIPATE. You must go to your local precinct to vote on Election Day. Only
August 4th Election Results – Hamilton County Election Commission Enhanced Results
State Political News
- Blackburn calls on FTC to enforce law after Taylor Swift, Ticketmaster bot debacleU.S. Sen. Marsha Blackburn, R-Tenn., sent a letter to the FTC asking how it plans to combat the use of online bots in concert ticket sales.
- Former state Sen. Brian Kelsey pleads guilty to two federal charges in campaign conspiracyThe case was moving toward a January trial when Kelsey's co-defendant pleaded guilty to a single federal charge in October.
- Tennessee textbook commission nears deadline to issue 'age-appropriate' school library guidanceA politically appointed commission could ultimately issue statewide blanket bans of challenged books, if complaints are escalated to the state level.
- Analysis: Nashville now has three U.S Congress reps. How will they represent the city?After gerrymandering, the GOP represents Nashville in the U.S. Congress for the first time in 140 years, but the reps have few ties to the city
- Former Nashville-based prosecutor tapped to oversee federal Trump investigationsJack Smith, most recently a war crimes investigator in The Hague, will return to the U.S. as special counsel to investigate Donald Trump.
- 'Horrific' turnover: Nearly half of new Tennessee DCS caseworkers quit in first yearThe department faces a challenge of correcting years of systemic staffing woes and increased numbers of children in state foster care.
- Civil rights advisory committee recommends Tennessee expand absentee voting accessThe Tennessee Advisory Committee to the U.S. Commission on Civil Rights issued the memo this week recommending absentee voting access be expanded.
- Tennessee Senators question whether TSU's housing problem is growth or leadership relatedAt a committee hearing, Tennessee Senators questioned TSU's leadership about the student housing problem and whether they should have predicted it.
National Political News
- Jury reaches verdict in Oath Keepers seditious conspiracy trial
- 10 Cards Charging 0% Interest Until 2024
- Georgia Senate candidate Herschel Walker described himself as living in Texas during 2022 campaign speechGeorgia Republican Senate candidate Herschel Walker, facing renewed and growing questions about his residency in the final week of the runoff campaign, described himself during a campaign speech in January as living in Texas and said he decided to run for Georgia's Senate seat while at his Texas "home," according to a CNN KFile review […]
- Senate to vote Tuesday on final passage of same-sex marriage billThe Senate is set to vote Tuesday on final passage of a bipartisan bill to protect same-sex and interracial marriage.
- White House treads carefully as protests unfold in China, as US tries to mendWhite House treads carefully as protests unfold in China as US tries to mend relations with Beijing relations with BeijingAs frustrated demonstrators take to the streets across China to protest the government's draconian Covid-19 restrictions -- prompting rare civil unrest and clashes between the public and officials -- the Biden White House is choosing its words carefully and deliberately.
- Biden 'confident' rail strike will be avoided after meeting with congressional leadersPresident Joe Biden said Tuesday he is "confident" a rail strike will be avoided while meeting with the top four congressional leaders, adding that Congress "has to act to prevent" a rail strike.
- UntitledHouse minority leader Kevin McCarthy addressed the controversial dinner of former President Donald Trump with White nationalist and Holocaust denier Nick Fuentes. Former US Ambassador to New Zealand and former Republican Massachusetts Sen. Scott Brown discusses with CNN.
- Kevin McCarthy just tried to explain away Donald Trump's dinner with a White nationalistA week after Donald Trump dined with White nationalist and Holocaust denier Nick Fuentes, House Minority Leader Kevin McCarthy finally addressed the controversy.