Tim Kelly elected Chattanooga Mayor after receiving 60% of the votes in Tuesday’s Run-Off Election against Kim White. Kelly will be sworn into office April 19th. White took to Twitter to congratulate Kelly on his victory. https://twitter.com/kimwhiteforcha/status/1382131483792572417?s=21 Two City Council seats were also decided in the Run-Off Election with Jenny Hill elected to restore sent
State Political News
- Redrawn 5th Congressional District opens door to high-profile, competitive GOP primaryA redrawn 5th Congressional District in Middle Tennessee already has former President Donald Trump weighing in on possible candidates.
- Gov. Lee: 'Hopeful' he can submit new K-12 funding formula to legislature this yearGov. Bill Lee hinted at plans to submit a new proposal for the legislature to review this year on Wednesday.
- Senate clears final redistricting map, Memphis and Knoxville House Democrats drawn togetherWednesday's Senate vote was the final legislative hurdle before redistricting plans head to Gov. Bill Lee's desk.
- US Rep. Jim Cooper will not seek reelection after GOP redraws Nashville congressional districtUS Rep. Jim Cooper of Nashville announced his decision a day after House lawmakers passed a redistricting plan that will divide Davidson County.
- Tennessee report identifies $61.9 billion in infrastructure needs across the stateA state advisory commission on intergovernmental relations identified $61.9B in infrastructure requests for government agencies across the state
- Gov. Lee: Tennessee lawmakers 'made every effort to follow the law' when redrawing congressional districtsGov. Bill Lee gave a peek into his 2022 priorities, which include potential changes to the education funding formula and infrastructure spending.
- Tennessee House Republicans approve redistricting plan to divide Davidson County into three congressional districtsTennessee House Republicans approve the division of Davidson County into three separate congressional districts.
- Full Senate to take up expulsion of Sen. Katrina Robinson on Feb. 2The Senate will vote Feb. 2 to expel Sen. Katrina Robinson, D-Memphis, following an ethics hearing and her conviction on federal fraud charges.
National Political News
- Joe Biden's 2022 just got a lot betterWhen President Joe Biden woke up Wednesday morning, what greeted him was, well, a waking nightmare: Russia massing troops on the border of Ukraine, sky-high inflation and the Omicron variant continuing to rage through the country.
- Sail Into 2022 with the Biggest Travel Sign-Up Bonus Ever
- Inside Biden's calculated silence on Breyer's retirementPresident Joe Biden received a much-needed political opening on Wednesday. But neither he, nor anyone close to him, appeared ready to celebrate it.
- UntitledCNN's Anderson Cooper talks to Democratic Florida State Senator Lauren Book about a contentious confirmation hearing for Florida Surgeon General Dr. Joseph Ladapo that ended abruptly after Democrats walked out in protest, prompting Republicans to immediately vote to favorably recommend Ladapo.
- UntitledCNN's Erin Burnett speaks to the legal director of Free Speech For People, a group arguing that Rep. Madison Cawthorn's (R-NC) embrace of January 6 rioters may disqualify him from seeking office.
- Federal judge allows state investigations of WinRed's fundraising tactics to proceedA federal judge on Wednesday dismissed a lawsuit brought by WinRed that had attempted to block attorneys general in four states from investigating its fundraising practices.
- UntitledDemocratic Rep. James Clyburn explains to CNN's Anderson Cooper the role he played in Biden's decision to nominate a Black woman to the Supreme Court and why the representation is important.
- UntitledCNN's Kyung Lah reports on secretary of state candidates across the country who are running on former President Donald Trump's election fraud lie.