OFFICES ON THE BALLOT Mayor (9) City Council Members QUALIFYING DEADLINE December 17, 2020 NOON WITHDRAWAL DEADLINE December 24, 2020 NOON VOTER REGISTRATION LAST day to register to vote is February 1, 2021 ABSENTEE BALLOT The FIRST day to request a Ballot is December 2, 2020 The LAST day to request a
Here is the link to the Absentee Ballot Application Web Portal from the Tennessee Secretary of State’s site. It lists the qualifications and instructions. Absentee Request You can monitor the status of your request by using the HCEC Voter Request form: HCEC Voter Request Here is the Absentee By-Mail Ballot Request for the upcoming March
Important Dates: Qualifying Deadline: Thursday, December 17, 2020 Withdrawal Deadline: Thursday, December 24, 2020, 12:00 Noon First Day to Request an Absentee Ballot: Wednesday, December 2, 2020 Voter Registration Deadline:
If you would like to register in person, you may complete a paper form at the local county election commission office, Department of Safety (motor vehicles division), Department of Health (WIC program), Department of Human Services, Department of Mental Health and Mental Retardation, Department of Veteran’s Affairs, public libraries, county clerk’s offices, and register of
The county is divided into voting precincts. Each precincts then has polling locations. Some precincts are “split precincts” and have multiple polling locations. In your voting precinct you will vote for the candidates that represent your district. One easy way to insure you are registered, know your voting district, and polling location is to complete
State Political News
- Nashville native TJ Ducklo named Biden's deputy press secretaryPresident-elect Joe Biden named Nashville native TJ Ducklo as his deputy press secretary on Friday.
- Tennessee lawmaker again seeks to restrict public record requests deemed as 'harassments'Sen. Ferrell Haile, R-Gallatin, files legislation that would allow legal action against public records requestors deemed threatening.
- Lawsuit: Former Tennessee commissioner called employee 'closeted homosexual,' made homophobic commentsBoth former Commissioner Courtney Rogers and her employee Tilman Goins resigned in November.
- Nashville juvenile judge seeks new justice center, describes 'deplorable' conditions including human waste 'explosion' in facilityNashville juvenile court officials are urging the city to fund a new $130 million juvenile justice center, citing ongoing issues at the current site.
- Replay: Joe Biden's speech unveiling his $1.9 trillion stimulus packagePresident-elect Joe Biden unveiled his 2021 rescue and recovery plan, where he announced a $1,400 stimulus check. Here's how to re-watch the speech.
- Tennessee Gov. Bill Lee backs legislation focusing on learning loss, reading ahead of special sessionGov. Bill Lee called a special legislative session focusing on education to begin Tuesday.
- 'Everyone loves her': Tennessee bill would establish Dolly Parton statue on Capitol groundsThe newly introduced legislation would require the establishment of a Dolly Parton statue on Capitol grounds. Public members would have a chance to offer input on the design.
- Tennessee attorney general joins in condemnation of Jan. 6 Capitol riotTennessee Attorney General Herbert Slatery had previously backed an effort challenging the Electoral College votes in four swing states.
National Political News
- The latest on Biden's inauguration and security threats
- Biden outlines plan to administer Covid-19 vaccines to AmericansPresident-elect Joe Biden will outline his plan to administer Covid-19 vaccines to the US population on Friday at an event in Wilmington, Delaware, according to his transition team.
- 275 cases open in Capitol riot investigation, US prosecutors sayUS investigators have opened up 275 cases and charged roughly 98 individuals in connection to last week's pro-Donald Trump riot at the US Capitol, federal officials said Friday, emphasizing they are focused on rounding up the most violent offenders.
- Trump's Pentagon chief says he 'cannot wait to leave' his jobActing Secretary of Defense Christopher Miller, who will leave office in less than a week. stated that he 'cannot wait to leave this job," according to a transcript released by the Department of Defense.
- US Capitol Police banned building tours on day of riot after Democrats raised security concernsDays before the violent insurrection at the US Capitol, the then-US House Sergeant at Arms sent a memo to members of Congress banning tours of buildings on January 6, the day lawmakers gathered inside to certify Joe Biden's victory, according to a copy of the memo obtained by CNN.
- Senate postpones first confirmation hearing for crucial position in Biden administrationThe first confirmation hearing for a crucial position in the Biden administration has been postponed.
- Despite Trump administration promise, there appear to be no more 'reserve' 2nd vaccine doses to releaseHopes of a surge in Covid-19 vaccine shipments under a new policy to release second doses held in reserve appear to be evaporating -- with the revelation that those doses have already been distributed, contrary to recent indications by the Trump administration.
- Pence calls Harris while Trump continues to stew in denialOne is dropping in on the White House phone operators, addressing troops at bases across the country, paying a visit to national guardsmen in place for the inauguration and speaking by phone with his successor.